Chiang Dao | Chiang Mai | Chiang Rai | Lampang | Pai | Sukhothai
Northern Thailand is best known for its scenic mountain views and cooler temperatures. People flock here to hike, bike, rock climb, raft, see elephants, and golf. It’s famous for the unique hill tribes that live in the mountainsides. It is also easy to access neighboring countries of Laos and Myanmar from this region.
- Not interested in going on a tour? Try these DIY Chiang Mai Day Trips instead
- Cheap eats at the Chiang Mai Street Stalls
- Reality check for the infamous Songkran water festival
- Explore the beautiful gardens of Mon Cham
- Why we can’t recommend living on $500 per month in Chiang Mai
- Stand above the clouds and watch a spectacular sunrise at Phu Chi Fah
- Beautiful day trip to Doi Tung’s Mae Fah Luang Botanical Gardens & Tree Top Walk
- In need of a border run to extend your stay in Thailand? Go to Chiang Khong – Huay Xai
- Beautiful tea plantation in the Mountains of Mae Salong
THE LATEST ON NORTHERN THAILAND
In recent years, Thailand has seen a steady growth in alternative forms of tourist attractions that are more in-line with the environment and natural habits of animals. Near Chiang Mai, there are a lot of elephant sanctuaries open to visitors. Their…
Even after five years of living in Chiang Mai, this comparatively small Thai city and its surrounding countryside continue to amaze me. Take, for example, the two-day Chiang Mai hill tribe tour and homestay experience I happily crossed off my bucket list…
We may be a bit biased, but everyone should spend at least a few days in Chiang Mai if they’re coming all the way to Thailand. Here’s an extensive list of the best resorts, hostels, guesthouses, and hotels in of all sorts of styles and budgets. We’ve included a map of…
As the cool season gives away to Thailand's burning season, travelers and expats alike are met with the same dilemma they face every year: where should one go to escape the yellow skies and smog-filled air that graces the entire upper half of Thailand? The bad news is...
You can't travel around Thailand and not get lost or go on a wild goose chase at least once. That's what happened on my latest road trip around Nan. In the end, my friend and I managed to find what we were looking for: the oh-so-scenic spot known as Ban Tai Lue Café....
During our recent road trip around Chiang Rai province, one of our favorite stops was the Doi Tung Mae Fah Luang Garden. It's one of the most popular attractions in the region, so we couldn't pass it up while we were in town. We also tried out the Doi Tung Tree Top...