Chiang Dao | Chiang Mai | Chiang Rai | Lampang | Pai | Sukhothai
Northern Thailand is best known for its scenic mountain views and cooler temperatures. People flock here to hike, bike, rock climb, raft, see elephants, and golf. It’s famous for the unique hill tribes that live in the mountainsides. It is also easy to access neighboring countries of Laos and Myanmar from this region.
- Not interested in going on a tour? Try these DIY Chiang Mai Day Trips instead
- Cheap eats at the Chiang Mai Street Stalls
- Reality check for the infamous Songkran water festival
- Explore the beautiful gardens of Mon Cham
- Why we can’t recommend living on $500 per month in Chiang Mai
- Stand above the clouds and watch a spectacular sunrise at Phu Chi Fah
- Beautiful day trip to Doi Tung’s Mae Fah Luang Botanical Gardens & Tree Top Walk
- In need of a border run to extend your stay in Thailand? Go to Chiang Khong – Huay Xai
- Beautiful tea plantation in the Mountains of Mae Salong
THE LATEST ON NORTHERN THAILAND
There's a hidden gem in Northern Thailand, right on the border of Laos, that's home to one of the most beautiful sunrises you'll ever see. It's called Phu Chi Fah (ภูชี้ฟ้า) and although it's well-known among Thais visiting Chiang Rai, it's still considered an...
Chiang Mai's pleasantly cool season is about to be taken over by a hot, hazy seasonal mess. So, before the smoky season makes itself present, we've thrown together a list of our favorite Chiang Mai day trips you do in the next few weeks. They are fun places that are...
Our recent day trip to Mon Cham was spectacularly picturesque. Everything - from the scenic mountainside drive to the visually stunning overlook and colorful rows of flowers at our final destination - was gorgeous. It's no wonder why it's so popular with the Thai...
We won't pretend we're experts on Northern Thai food, but there are several dishes that we find ourselves gravitating to in Chiang Mai that are distinctly 'Lanna' flavored and a far cry from the ubiquitous pad Thai. If you're looking for something a bit spicy,...
Sometimes Chris and I travel to new places in Thailand and forget about the things we can do right in our backyard in Chiang Mai. This past weekend I finally crossed something I'd meant to do ages ago: hiking the monk's trail up Doi Suthep and I'm already looking...
This week marks us living in Chiang Mai for three years. The city has certainly changed since we first arrived as has our perception of it. In lieu of this anniversary, we've put together some lessons we've learned since moving here. They aren't the conventional...